The CIUSSS de l’Estrie – CHUS and the BMP Foundation have identified three major projects in key areas of the BMP Hospital. The overall envelope for the work totals $6 million, $4.5 million of which will be shouldered by the Foundation (representing 75% of the cost).
- Oncology Clinic
- Orthopedic Clinic
- Outpatient Clinic
The renovated facilities will offer better adapted spaces, increased comfort, and greater accessibility for patients and their loved ones.
Read more on the benefits for each clinic
New Equipment, renovation works, and training initiatives
- Renovated rooms, Birthing Pavilion, $240,000
- Digital mammography machine, Breast Clinic, $470,000
- Mobile digital C-Arm imaging scanner, used during surgical and emergency care procedures, $185,000
- Recruiting and training program for graduating nursing students, $68,000
- PAC Vision, automated medication inspection unit, $163,000
- 2 orthopaedic motors, used in 95% of operations, $97,000
- Laryngoscope video machine, Operating room, $49,000
- Improvements of the Emergency waiting room, $30,000
These investments are key in providing new treatments and care through the BMP Hospital, and in attracting a growing number of new medical specialists to our region.
Thanks to your contributions, the BMP Foundation works continually to support and improve the care and well-being to all residents of our region. We thank you for your faithful and continued support.