The BMP Foundation is looking for a Communications Coordinator to complement its permanent team!
Do you want to get involved in your community and you are a communications whiz? You may be just the person we need!
Contract position for the first year, possibility of permanency. Full time (40 hours / week)
Role and expectations
Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, this person coordinates communications for the Foundation’s various programs and major campaigns. He/she ensures that the organization projects a healthy and proactive image in these communications to donors, the BMP Hospital’s internal community, partners and sponsors.
The Foundation’s various programs and campaigns related to the position include: the Planned Giving Program, the Donor Recognition Program, the Scholarship Program, In Memoriam Giving Communications, and Major and Direct Mail Campaigns.
Key competencies required
The person in this position must have a strong interest in the Foundation’s mission and be able to demonstrate an understanding of its components.
He or she must have good stress management skills and be willing to take on a variety of responsibilities that can be adapted to the needs of the Foundation. Bilingualism, interpersonal skills, a developed sense of autonomy and proactivity are essential skills for this position. The candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience in communications or have previously worked in a fundraising organization. Knowledge of the health network is an important asset.
- Appropriate educational degree or equivalent experience;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent mastery of the Office suite software;
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect/ProDon, Constant Contact is an asset.
- Writes and distributes the communication tools required for the various programs and fundraising campaigns;
- Collaborate in the management of the website, social media and newsletter;
- Work with digital communication tools such as Google Analytics;
- Represent the organization at external events (as needed);
- Contribute to philanthropic development (research, preparation of solicitation requests, etc.);
- Ensure active monitoring of philanthropic trends;
- Follow up on partnership agreements with the media;
- Coordinate branding projects (name designation, special media, promotional items, etc.);
- Participate with team members in fundraising events (organization, implementation and execution);
Social and employment benefits
- 5 sick days per year ;
- Access to a group insurance plan ;
- Flexible work schedule and the possibility of part-time teleworking.
About the Foundation: In a hospital where medical equipment must constantly be renewed, facilities adapted to new realities and the need for qualified personnel is constant; the Brome-Missisquoi-Perkins Hospital Foundation team, supported by a community of people at heart since 1993, is mobilizing to raise the precious funds needed to purchase equipment and finance training. By improving and maintaining access to health care, the BMP Foundation aspires to make a difference in the lives of individuals facing the adversity of disease.
To apply, please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.